Need blanched almonds to roll out a perfect of marzipan for your cake? Learn how to do it in 6 easy steps–
- Boil water in a container.
- Put the raw almonds into the boiling water. Leave them in it for not more than 60 seconds.
- At the end 60 seconds, use a strainer to drain the water and rinse the almonds with cold water.
- Use a paper napkin to blot the wet almonds. By now, the almond skin will have started shrivelling.
- Now all you need to do is gently squeeze the almonds with your fingers to loosen their skin.
- After you’ve removed their skin, allow the almonds to dry.
Your blanched almonds are now ready for use!