Easiest way to satisfy the sweet tooth is here. A few simple steps and the Cake Pudding is ready to bring a wide smile on everyone’s face!
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 45 mins Cooking Time
- 2 Servings
For the Pudding:
- 6 slices of the English Tea Cake
- Ghee or unsalted butter
- Sliced Pistachio
- Sliced Almonds
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1 & 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Cup water or as required.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of crushed or powdered cardamom.
- Saffron strands
For Rabdi (Sweet Reduced or Condensed Milk)
- Condensed Milk (If unsweetened, add sugar)
- 1/2 Cup milk
- A pinch of Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of powdered cardamom
- Cut the slices of the English Tea Cake diagonally just to give it a fancy shape.
- Chop the pistachio and almonds into sleek shapes.
To make the Rabdi:
- Take 3/4th of condensed milk and 1 part of milk in a deep frying pan.
- Add the nutmeg and cardamom powder in the pan.
- Now mix well and bring it to boil. Stir continuously.
- Cook until desired consistency is achieved.
Prepare the Cake Slices:
- Heat a flat pan.
- Melt little butter on the pan.
- Place the slices of the English Tea Cake and flip sides quickly 2-3 times over butter so that the cake absorbs it.
- Fry the pieces on medium flame until golden brown.
Now, the Sugar Syrup:
- Mix water and sugar in a deep pan.
- Put it on high flame and bring to boil.
- Add lots of saffron strands and cardamom powder, and keep boiling.
- To check if the syrup is ready, pour a drop of syrup on a dish and press it with a finger to see if it has achieved a sticky texture. If yes, then your sugar syrup is ready.
It’s time to serve:
- Place fried pieces of cake in the hot sugar syrup, and turn sides a couple of times so that bread is completely covered in syrup. Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the bread pieces from sugar syrup and place them on a plate.
- Pour the previously prepared Rabdi over the bread.
- Now garnish with the chopped pistachio and almonds.
This can be served hot if preferred. Otherwise, keep the garnished plate in the freezer for a few hours to serve cold.