Coffee and Praline Soufflé
It’s time to surprise everyone with that out of the box dessert you have been planning on. Just follow the steps and impress everyone with your culinary skills.
- 30 mins Prep Time
- 1 hour Cooking Time
- 4 Servings
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3rd Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup strong brewed black coffee, cooled down
- 1 tbsp Gelatine
- 3/4th Cup white sugar
- 1/4th Cup water
- 1/4th Cup blanched almonds
- Cut a sheet of baking paper long enough to go around the base for preparing soufflé dish.
- Fold baking paper in half. Secure the paper with string around the outside of the soufflé bowl, forming a high collar. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place egg yolks, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of coffee into a heatproof bowl.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk for 6 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and frothy. Then remove from heat.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup coffee into a heatproof jug and sprinkle gelatine.
- Place the jug on saucepan and stir with a fork until dissolved.
- Add warm gelatine mixture to warm custard mixture (mixtures must both be at the same temperature while combining to prevent lumps from forming).
- Beat cream to soft peaks. In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold cream and praline through custard mixture. Gently fold egg whites through custard mixture.
- Carefully pour this mixture into the soufflé bowl. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully remove collar from soufflé. Sprinkle with reserved praline. Spoon into bowls. Serve.
COOKING KNOW HOW
Place sugar and water into a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
Stir for 3 – 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stop stirring and bring it to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden.
Add almonds. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown.
Pour over baking tray. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Break it and put in a food processor until roughly chopped.